ASTRO CAMP - Part Two: The Power Pole

During Astro Camp, one of the activities to challenge the students was called The Power Pole. The top of the pole was 30 feet from the ground (and topped with a huge smiley face). Students were harnessed and allowed to climb the pole to the top. At the top, they had to do the scariest part by standing up on top of the pole without any supports. Then, they were challenged to JUMP from the pole and touch/hit/punch/kick a large red ball suspended in front of them. I was totally impressed with our group. All 15 students and the chaperones (of course) jumped from the top and most hit the ball.

Kaylee climbed the pole fast and is standing on the smiley face ready to jump.

Here she is hitting the ball. She loved this and felt really good about her accomplishment.

I thought it was a total blast and loved every minute of it. I obviously can't take my own picture, but I assure you I hit the ball. Behind me is the zipline tower. It is some distance from where we are on the pole and the top of the zipline tower is higher than the top of the power pole.

These are the students in our group standing at the bottom of the Power Pole so that I can show how tall the pole is and how far away the ball is from the top. Wanna try?

Comments

  1. I don't know if I could have done this one. My fear of heights probably would have done me in. Congratulations to both of you!! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment