Kimber's birthday present from Kevin and me was to visit the Bibbity Bobbidi Boutique at Disneyland for an official princess transformation. Here are some fun pictures of our day. I'll post some fun video of her princess experience later.
We started the day on the tram - very happy to be back at the happiest place on earth! Kaylee is SO cute with her Pluto hat. She wore it most of the day and it made me happy that she is a fun and happy 11 year old girl who just wants to play and have fun.
This is the "almost finished" Princess Kimber. She was in total princess heaven. I'll tell the story with the videos, but Tori was photographer of the event and thought I should post her work even before the videos have been edited.
Princess Kimber has just selected her ring from the Cave of Wonders and is showing it off!
Kimber has a Birthday Princess sash and everything.
The little pink goodie bag was full of fun to take home, too.
Kimber and Mom
Kaylee took Tavin to ride rides and checked in with us periodically. Tori stayed and LOVED watching Kimber the whole time.
Kaylee was excited to have the trust of taking Tavin without me and was FANTASTIC about being responsible and following my rules. She makes life easier for me in many ways. Tavin sure appreciated her since he would have made us all miserable if he had to watch Kimber's transformation.
We found the Liebhardts and the Iversons soon after our fun at the boutique. The Liebhardts didn't get to stay long, but we were able to have some fun with our Iverson friends. Kimber and Scarlett are 2 peas in a pod. Scarlett got to ride Big Thunder Mtn Railroad for the very first time in her whole life. Kaylee and Kimber were her companions and Kaylee listed it as her favorite part of the day because Scarlett's face was so entertaining during the ride - pure joy and no fear. She's great buddy for Kimber.
Tristan and Tori are friends and that gave her another person to ride with during the day. Kaylee was the only big kid without a friend, but she loved being the "pied piper" for the little girls. Kimber and Scarlett wanted to do everything with her.
Lastly, we have Kaylee imitating Goofy. I think she's perfect!
We had a fantastic day. Why is it that when other people find the crowds and noise of Disneyland so disturbing and stressful, I find them to be relaxing and fun? My children and I enjoy our time at Disneyland in a way I have never been able to adequately explain. Part of it has to be that home contains the "to do" list and those things never follow us to Disneyland. Part of it has to be that we LOVE to have fun together there. Whatever it is, it is very real for me, for us, and I have a profoundly happy emotional attachment to my memories of our times at Disneyland. I hope my children always feel the same way.
Some of our favorite memories are from Disney World and Disney Land--we especially loved going to Disney Land with you guys!! It truly is the happiest place on earth!! :-)
ReplyDelete