Monday, May 17th was a fun Disneyland day for Kaylee and her friend, Lauren. I was planning to take them after 5th grade Promotion at the end of the school year, but that also happens to be Lauren's birthday, so we chose a different day. Tori also skipped school to be my riding buddy since Lauren's mom, Dana, couldn't come. We had a really fun day. Lauren likes to ride big stuff, like my girls, and she is just fun to have around. I'm glad Kaylee has such great friends.
We used our "special" pass to skip the 40-minute line for Toy Story Mania. That made it even more fun than usual.
Kaylee and Lauren were good about including Tori in the fun.
Kaylee and Lauren were a little freaked out on the Maliboomer. They both ove the ride, but it makes you rethink your sanity right before it takes off. Tori is just now tall enough to ride, but wouldn't get on it the first time. Later, after listening to me, she decided to try it and LOVED it. I knew she would and I really like the life lessons parents can teach their children while playing at an amusement park. Tori had a very real experience about trusting me and being able to believe what I tell her in a situation of fear and unknown.
I took a picture of the monitor after we had been on California Screamin'. We rode multiple times because it is an awesome roller coaster.
Lauren, Kaylee and Tori were doing some marketing work for the new movie.
TOWER OF TERROR! This is another picture of a monitor. Kaylee and Tori hadn't been on this ride in a couple of years. Kaylee got freaked out about the ghosts and made Tori stop liking it. At one point it was Tori's favorite. Lauren had never ridden it because her family doesn't like it. Well, everybody loved it! I think it's back on the favorites list.
Tori drove and I saw my life flash before my eyes.
More reasons for drivers to be scared...
The rockets - Tori saved me from driving again.
Lovely!
We were riding Big Thunder Moutain Railroad as our last ride of the day before heading home.
Kaylee and Lauren - no comment!
I miss Disneyland!! We still talk about our time there--it looks as though there are new rides and shows and we'll just have to come back to experience them as well!! :-)
ReplyDelete