Musings and Goodbye NC

We left NC on Saturday morning very early.  The house on Cedar Pass will never feel quite the same.  Grandaddy's study seems empty and strange now.  One of my favorite moments of the week was walking into Grandaddy's study in a little bit of a panic because I couldn't find Tavin anywhere.  I found him quietly sitting in Grandaddy's recliner with a very peaceful look on his face.  I want that to be a memory for a long time and I hope that he has a desire to live his life in a way that would make Grandaddy proud.  Here are a couple of pictures from the only time Grandaddy met Tavin.  I know that someday they will be great pals.



We love our families and I'm grateful for the week that we had to share with them.  I'm grateful for the pondering that Grandaddy's passing has prompted in my life.  I keep thinking of the lessons from this past general conference and I know I have much to do in my life to be a better wife and mother.  In life I called Wallace, Dad, and I meant it.  His quiet goodness made me think more while he was alive and I know that his passing will cause the same for me.  Now it's my job to help my children understand those quiet qualities and the power for good they can be in the lives of others.  Thank you, Dad.





Comments

  1. It is always interesting to me to reflect on someone's life after they pass. Donald had stories to tell about Wallace as well and it was fun for Jenna and Darin to learn more about Brother Draughon and about their dad's teenage years. I know he will be missed greatly.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment