Maybe the timing was a little crazy, but I'm grateful I got to spend a long weekend with my family in NC, May 27th-30th. Grandma Woodie passed away the week before and Sheila took care of getting Grandma to NC for the funeral and burial so that she could be buried next to Grandpa. Here are a few pictures from the trip.
I flew in on a red-eye early Friday morning and spent the day getting the car, taking a nap, exercising with Jennifer and enjoying a nice meal with Mom, Ralph and Jennifer. Saturday morning was spent exercising with Jennifer. I especially liked introducing her to running OUTSIDE and my friend, Jillian Michaels (Biggest Loser Trainer). Lunch was at a local mexican restaurant with Mom, Ralph, Jennifer, Me, Doc, Brenda, Jatana, Aaron, Gina, Alana and Jaelyn (I need to spell his name correctly). Russell showed up at the end of lunch in time for us to meet his new little girl.
Doc and Jatana
Jatana...
Russell's new baby girl - very cute!
Papa Ralph helped Kaylee, Tori, Kimber and Tavin work on a couple of bean rows in the garden just a few weeks ago. Here are some pictures showing the progress of their work.
Papa Ralph put up the string after we planted the beans, so the kids hadn't seen the any of this.
I got to meet Jennifer's BFF, Darla, on Sunday before I left for the airport. I'm glad I had that opportunity. She's a neat lady and lots of fun. I really enjoyed talking with her and hearing lots of bird stories. I think Darla introduced Jennifer to birds as pets and they both have a tremendous amount of knowledge on the subject - not to mention funny bird stories. I may have to let the kids get a bird...
Spending time with Jennifer was the highlight of the trip for me. She's 8 years younger that I and we haven't spent much time together as adults. She was only 12 when I got married and I had already been gone from home for 2 years. I'm proud of her and grateful to have had a weekend to spend with her and the rest of my family.
I missed my chidlren terribly while I was gone. On the first plane trip, I realized I hadn't been on a plan without my husband or children in MANY years. I ahven't sat beside a stranger on an airplane in all that time. I spend most of my flight time sandwiched between 2 other passengers. Mostly it was fine, but my last plan flight on the way home was great. I suppose I kept looking for people to take care of during my trip. Apparently I need to mother someone or I feel a little lost. I had the opportunity to sit beside the cutest elderly couple on the last plane. I got to help them in a few small ways during the flight. What they don't know is that they served me way more than I served them. I needed to feel needed and I enjoyed finding out about their nice family. In a way it was a nice way for me to deeply feel how much I love being the mom. I love taking care of my children and seeing them was that much sweeter when I returned home.
I teach preschool because I still want to "mother". I'm grateful for all those that allow me to "mother" their children... :-)
ReplyDelete