Thanks, Miss Heather!

Kimber and Tavin finished 4 weeks of swimming lessons with our friend, Heather. Kimber and Tavin have become great swimmers, thanks to her. Here are a few more pictures from the last couple of lessons.




Tavin and Kimber with Miss Heather

Tavin would often try to negotiate for a ride on Heather's back.

Kimber became a very happy and confident swimmer by then end.  No whining and no complaining.

Tavin with his "swords".  Heather was brilliant and had Tavin use his "swords" to cut the water with his big arms.  That's all it took to help him really take off with independent swimming.

Kimber now has a beautiful backstroke and a great freestyle.

Tavin loved playing with toys while he waited on Kimber to finish her lessons.

Kimber's final swim was about 35 meters long.  She was really nervous about it, but she never complained.

Here she is at the end of that swim.  Heather did a great job of helping Kimber know she was proud of her.  Kimber was so tired at the end of that swim (she had been swimming TONS during her lesson) that she simply SAT for the entire time of Tavin's lesson.  Part of that lesson was floating - something that Tavin has been very afraid of during the sessions.  His last lesson was his best floating.  Heather bore her testimony at church today about her experience with Tavin choosing primary songs to sing while he floated with her.  I also had a nice experience as I watched him float and listened to him choose his songs.  My children know HUNDREDS of songs and most of them are popular children's songs.  It never ceases to amaze me that they choose primary songs over everything else when they are in need of comfort.  At night they always choose those songs which help them feel the spirit.  Foating was hard for Tavin, so I am not surprised that he chose songs his little heart knew would help him feel peaceful.  My children always teach me when I least expect it.

Comments

  1. Isn't it wonderful when your children to the gospel without your prompting? Those songs will always be there for him and hopefully he will continue to follow the words in those songs that bring him peace and comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your kids to death. I had so much fun swimming with them and learned so much from them. Thank you for trusting me to teach your wonderful children. I hope to swim some more with them :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment