Friday, October 29th was Live Literature Day at school. Tori dressed up as a witch and Emily dressed up as a character from Vampire Diaries. Tori's hair was braided so that she would be ready for family Halloween pictures that afternoon. Kimber didn't dress up for school because of her Harvest Program.
Cute Girls!
Alisha Hammond took our Halloween pictures for 2009 and for 2010. She does a great job. She found a fun park in the next town that is very wooded and just right for Harry Potter. Kevin was completely in character after starting to read the first Harry Potter books. Tori and Kevin are both reading them right now. They have also watched the first 2 movies together. Kevin was Dumbledore. I was Professor McGonagall. Kaylee was Luna Lovegood. Tori was Hermione. Kimber was Ginny. Tavin was Harry Potter, himself. The kids all loved being in character for the pictures. Even Tavin was in character. It made it difficult to get good shots with Tavin constantly casting spells with his wand and his hand. Every spell was accompanied by a funny facial expression and sound effects. He LOVED his quidditch broom, too, and took it everywhere.
I put this one in so you could see Kaylee's glasses. Very Luna!
This is our favorite picture!!! Don't we look like we're ready to take on Voldemort? This family tradition has taken on a life of its own. We are all excited to put it all together. I enjoy everything from the debate about what we'll be to Kevin's incessant character investigation and development to planning the costumes to helping everyone feel like they have "become" the character. What really happens is that we become closer and make memories that last much longer than the night of Halloween. I hope our children repeat this tradition in their own families. Future spouses beware - willingness to dress up and participate are required to date our children.
I really liked that Tavin thought he should ride the broom backwards. We did some pictures with glasses and some without. Today Tavin asked me if I would paint the scar back on so he could be Harry Potter again. Apparently the scar made it all real for him.
We did some fun pictures with the kids once all the Halloween ones were finished. I love cute pictures with all of my children in them.









As always, I LOVE your Halloween costumes!! What a fun family tradition! I love that this year you had individual pictures of the kids as well so I can see how much they have grown. Great pictures!!
ReplyDelete