Yesterday was the Sunday before Christmas and therefore the Christmas program in sacrament meeting at church. Kevin and Kaylee sang in the choir and were gone early to practice. Kimber and Tori fought all morning and earned themselves BIG timeouts for after church. We were barely there as the meeting began. After a shaky start to the day, it got much better. The primary children sang "Could I Hold the Baby" and all the children sang beautifully. It is my favorite Christmas song. Kaylee looked really tall next to all the primary children. It's obvious she's getting ready to leave primary. All 4 children sang well and I loved the experience of watching my little Tavin sing the words so earnestly. I was a little emotional. The feeling that comes into a meeting when the primary children sing is sweet and beautiful. Tavin made me smile at the end, too, because he looked over at me at gave me a big smile accompanied by his signature "thumbs up" gesture. I just love him!
The choir sang well. The talks were great. The Spirit was present and strong. The best part was this picture and a comment from Kimber. Kimber likes to draw after we partake of the sacrament and I often wonder if she hears anything the speakers say. I'm sure she doesn't hear everything, but today she was listening. The speaker was explaining that gifts we give during Christmas don't have to be physical, that apologies are wonderful gifts. Kimber looked up from drawing this picture to tell me (with a little quiver in her voice) that she was sorry for fighting with Tori. I love knowing that my child felt the spirit. I also love what she was drawing. I'm grateful that my children know we love the scriptures.
The choir sang well. The talks were great. The Spirit was present and strong. The best part was this picture and a comment from Kimber. Kimber likes to draw after we partake of the sacrament and I often wonder if she hears anything the speakers say. I'm sure she doesn't hear everything, but today she was listening. The speaker was explaining that gifts we give during Christmas don't have to be physical, that apologies are wonderful gifts. Kimber looked up from drawing this picture to tell me (with a little quiver in her voice) that she was sorry for fighting with Tori. I love knowing that my child felt the spirit. I also love what she was drawing. I'm grateful that my children know we love the scriptures.
In case it's hard to tell, this is me and I'm reading The Book of Mormon.

Comments
Post a Comment